At Discover Year, it's important to us that our program be accessible to as many young adults as possible. Thanks to our amazing sponsors, we are able to offer a Financial Aid Fund to help make the program possible for youth from all socioeconomic levels.
And so, we are hosting a raffle and giving away some fantastic prizes to help support future Discoverites!
Our 2021 fundraising goal: Full tuition for one student in financial need (value of $7,400)
BUY RAFFLE TICKETS HERE (NOTE: Under "company" field, please indicate DY Raffle)
$20 for 1 ticket
$50 for 3 tickets
$100 for 8 tickets
Here are some of the prizes you can win:
- A complimentary bike tune-up compliments of Velofix ($100 value)
- ½ day corporate team-building event: Escape Game for Effective Teamwork workshop for up to 25 people, courtesy of Jay Gosselin, MentorU/Escape Manor ($2, 700 value)
- A gift certificate for a one night stay with breakfast compliments of WakeField Mill ($310 value)
- 3 Virtual Escape Room experiences (up to 5 players each) compliments of Escape Manor ($180 value)
- A two person 1000 islands lunch boat cruise courtesy of RememberMe Roofing ($200 value)
- A deck of Challenge Cards compliments of SparkPath ($40 value)
- 2 Prize Packs, compliments of Converse ($300 value each)
- A 60 minute massage, compliments of Maggy Ashby RMT ($105 value)
- One Night Stay in a premiere one bedroom suite, compliments of Les Suites Hotel ($255 value)
- 2 Discover Year Swag Bags ($75 value each)
- Group Guided Meditation Session - 30 minutes, compliments of Lauren Wallis Psychotherapy ($80 value)
- Accounting Services, Tax filing for all members of an immediate family, compliments of Micheal King ($150 value)
- Handmade Macrame Plant Hanger & Crystal Hanger, compliments of Antonella Heino
- Private Goal Coaching - 2 hours, compliments of Erm Lombardi
- A Gift Card to Algonquin College's campus boutique ($75 value)
- 2 Retreat Candle Co. Box Sets, Compliments of Retreat Candle Co.($50 value each)
- Earrings & Necklace Set, compliments of SweetG Boutique ($35 value)
- Enrolment into Fearless Public Speaking, 8-week online course, compliments of Alex Keenan, Stage Light Communications ($197 value)
Below, you can read Ana's and Phoebe’s testimonials, two amazing former Discoverites who’ve received Discover Year’s Financial Aid.
Ana Luísa Alves
"As a 17-year old girl from Portugal, I was not allowed to apply for a working holiday visa in Canada. For me, a scholarship was essential to experience work and build important skills before entering postsecondary. What I love most about Discover Year is the environment of inclusion, support and non-judgement. Since being in the program, I have noticed an improvement in my self-confidence, self-awareness and communication skills.
I am not afraid to share my thoughts and ideas, and feedback has become more natural in both giving it and receiving it. I am more aware of my emotions, my deepest values and unique strengths. I was able to develop the skill of listening curiously during conversations which has led to deeper questioning, more meaningful interactions and stronger relationships with family and friends.
Things I couldn’t do without feeling anxious, now have become much more natural and comfortable. I used to not be able to speak to large groups or even play guitar in public. Getting through these mental barriers is extremely liberating as it allows me to be my authentic self! With coaching, mentorship and goal-setting, I know I am heading in a direction that feels right to me!"
"I remember speaking to Jay about my interest in joining Discover Year and sharing with him the financial challenges I was facing. I told him that I didn’t have financial support from anyone and that was living on my own. I told him that I felt completely alone and didn’t think I could accomplish my dreams, unless I were to put my life on hold for a few years to save money.
Jay listened to me and explained that Discover Year would offer me full financial aid to cover my program expenses. At that moment, I remember crying tears of joy because I knew my journey wasn’t over, and most importantly, that I was no longer alone."