At Discover Year, it's important to us that our program be accessible to as many young adults as possible.
Thanks to our amazing sponsors, we are able to offer a Financial Aid Fund to make the program possible for youth from all socioeconomic backgrounds. To ensure we can continue to offer this fund and support future Discover Year students, we are hosting a raffle and giving away some fantastic prizes!
Our 2022 fundraising goal: 50% tuition for one student in financial need (value of $3,950)
(NOTE: Under the "company" field, please indicate "DY Raffle")
$20 for 1 ticket
$50 for 3 tickets
$100 for 8 tickets
Thanks to our generous sponsors, there are over $6,000 prizes to be won! Here is a sneak peek:
- A ½ day virtual corporate team-building event: Escape Game for Effective Teamwork workshop for up to 25 people, compliments of Jay Gosselin, MentorU/Escape Manor ($3,450 value)
- A one-night stay with breakfast, compliments of WakeField Mill ($390 value)
- A one-night stay in a premiere one-bedroom suite, compliments of Les Suites Hotel ($255 value)
- 3 Ask Deep Questions conversation card packs, compliments of Jan Keck ($40 value each)
- 3 gift certificates to participate in a virtual or in-person escape room, compliments of Escape Manor ($46 value each)
- A deck of Challenge Cards, compliments of SparkPath ($40 value)
- 2 Converse prize packs, compliments of Converse ($200 value each)
- A complimentary bike tune-up, compliments of Velofix ($100 value)
- A two-person Thousand Islands lunch boat cruise, compliments of RememberMe Roofing ($200 value)
- A copy of the book "Sink, Float, SOAR: Your personal guide to discovering your inner self," compliments of Dave Urichuck ($25 value)
- 2 copies of the book "Your Comfort Zone is Killing You: Finding the Courage to be You," compliments of Billy Anderson ($15 value each)
- Accounting Services: Tax filing for all members of an immediate family, compliments of Micheal King ($100 value)
- 3 virtual Introduction to Leadership Coaching sessions for 45 minutes each, compliments of Clarivia Coaching ($700 value)
- A gift card to Algonquin College's campus boutique, compliments of Algonquin College ($65 value)
- 2 retreat Candle Co. box sets, compliments of Retreat Candle Co. ($50 value each)
- Enrolment in the 8-week online Fearless Public Speaking course, compliments of Stage Light Communications ($197 value)
- A 90-minute Expressive Arts & Well-Being workshop for corporate or other groups, compliments of UNEETY Conscious Event Services ($500 value)
- 2 Discover Year swag bags ($75 value each)
Below, you can read Ana's and Phoebe’s testimonials, two amazing former Discover Year students who received Discover Year’s Financial Aid.
Ana Luísa Alves
"As a 17-year old girl from Portugal, I was not allowed to apply for a working holiday visa in Canada. For me, a scholarship was essential to experience work and build important skills before entering postsecondary. What I love most about Discover Year is the environment of inclusion, support and non-judgement. Since being in the program, I have noticed an improvement in my self-confidence, self-awareness and communication skills.
I am not afraid to share my thoughts and ideas, and feedback has become more natural in both giving it and receiving it. I am more aware of my emotions, my deepest values and unique strengths. I was able to develop the skill of listening curiously during conversations which has led to deeper questioning, more meaningful interactions and stronger relationships with family and friends.
Things I couldn’t do without feeling anxious, now have become much more natural and comfortable. I used to not be able to speak to large groups or even play guitar in public. Getting through these mental barriers is extremely liberating as it allows me to be my authentic self! With coaching, mentorship and goal-setting, I know I am heading in a direction that feels right to me!"
"I remember speaking to Jay about my interest in joining Discover Year and sharing with him the financial challenges I was facing. I told him that I didn’t have financial support from anyone and that was living on my own. I told him that I felt completely alone and didn’t think I could accomplish my dreams, unless I were to put my life on hold for a few years to save money.
Jay listened to me and explained that Discover Year would offer me full financial aid to cover my program expenses. At that moment, I remember crying tears of joy because I knew my journey wasn’t over, and most importantly, that I was no longer alone."