Admissions for the 2020-21 session are now open.
At Discover Year, we embrace diversity in all its forms and therefore seek to recruit participants of varied ages, perspectives, backgrounds and nationalities. While we take an inclusive approach to admissions, it is vital to the success of the program that participants be open-minded and fully committed to the process of self-development and collaboration. We are looking for young adults who are motivated to uncover their greater purpose in life and to figure out how they can make the most of their unique potential. For this reason, admission to the Discover Year program is based both on the completed application as well as a brief interview, to be scheduled with selected candidates following the initial screening of applications.
Basic Criteria for Admission - 2020-21 session
- High school graduate as of July 2020
- 18 to 25 years old as of Dec. 31, 2020 (can be 17 years old upon admission)
- Curious, positive, open-minded, honest and team player
- Motivation to discover true interests, values and talents and use them to create a meaningful life
NOTE: We do encourage and accept international applications, and our admissions criteria are identical for all students. Financial aid is prioritized for Canadian citizens, but scholarships are available to international students, on a case by case basis.
Application Deadline: January 19, 2020
Interviews: February 2020
Offers of Admission: Beginning in March 2020
- Application Deadline: June 1, 2020
- Interviews: will be conducted on an on-going basis (as required) in the second round of admissions.
Offers will also be extended on an on-going basis in the second round.
**Please note that there are a limited number of spaces available in the program, and there is no guarantee that spaces will be available in the second round. Once offers have been made, a non-refundable deposit of $1000 is required to hold your place in the program.